Saturday, October 8, 2011

Reflection on General Conference

How has General Conference affected you?

Please add your comments to this post.

I reviewed the first talk of General Conference, committing me to memorize the scriptures.  I have committed to memorize a scripture a week, coming from the scripture mastery. I see what Elder Scott taught in my life. Nephi is my friend now, a great example. Memorizing 1 Nephi 3:7, I see his great maturity to have a powerful testimony, a bold personality, and a habit to bear his testimony in his speech. My personal definition of faith is the boldness that we do the commandments of God, and Nephi is a great friend encouraging me to follow the spirit, having the faith that I can accomplish what I am prompted to do.
....
The branch members don't seem so understand that I would like to see how General Conference affected to members. You can email a paragraph or so to me on how the event of this past conference, if you want. My email address is alexnhicken@gmail.com. If you do so, I will post it in this entry.  I gave an example. This newsletter is not about me. Its about you and the work of God in the Santa Cruz Stake for the YSA. Have a good week.

1 comment:

  1. Will anyone share how they have let General Conference change their life?

    ReplyDelete

Your Treasure is Where Your Heart is.

Today I started noting how to focus on Heavenly things, for your treasure is where your heart is. Seek after Heavenly things because they wi...