Monday, November 7, 2011

Just Had a Great Missionary Experience on the Bus :)

Joanna wrote me this today. It is her words.

Well I met him last year on the bus. I had meet him because he was friends with my mommy. He is super nice. I saw him a few times after that; then, we hadn't seen each other for a long time till today.
He asked me if I was still going to church. He knows Brother Fontes; then, I said "Hey he and his wife organized the pioneer trek!"
Then we started talking about church and he said you are welcome to come to my church; then, I did like wise. He said he was going to a LDS church in Utah, but he did agree and did not understand the doctrine.
He said that we don't accept Christ as the Son of God.
I explained to him that God is the same yesterday, today, and forever; therefore, we need a prophet who is the mouthpiece of God, for he tells us and guides us on what we need to do to live back with God, such as Moses, Elijah, etc... So thats why we have a prophet now.
Then he asked me "Can anyone talk to God, if we are not of your faith?"
I said "Yes. Of course. That is why we have prayer. It might not be him directly speaking to you, having a marvelous dream or even an angel minister to you, but he can answer your prayer by just a small impression in your heart or a feeling or a thought in your mind. Anyone can receive answers from God, if they have faith."
I also explained that God and Christ were two separate personages, and the spirit testifies to us truths. I also told him that we were spirit children in the pre-mortal existence. There he did not agree. I proved my point by saying that God knew Christ before he was in the womb, for he created him to be the infinite and eternal sacrifice to bring the rest of his imperfect children back to live with him. "Gender is an essential characteristic of our spirits," I explained.
After he said well thats reincarnation and I said rebuked him with that fact.
Just as God knew Christ before he was created in the womb to fulfill his mission. He also knew us before we came here, already having a gender and who we are going to be when we come to earth. Not reincarnating.
I also expounded about Christ, being part mortal part God, for he was able to feel pain and affliction yet still resurrect. He fasted for forty days, so he can feel the affliction of the hungry, for he needed to feel everything we have felt or will feel. By the grace and atonement and resurrection of Christ, we are able to do the same :). Thanks to him our life does not end at the grave. Our bodies die then we go to the spiritual world, wait to be judged, be placed, resurrect, and all this because of Jesus.
I hope I planted a seed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Treasure is Where Your Heart is.

Today I started noting how to focus on Heavenly things, for your treasure is where your heart is. Seek after Heavenly things because they wi...