Sunday, November 6, 2011

A Man that Always Wanted to be Baptized

In the Ocean Branch, our most recent and beloved convert is Cade Bullough. He is one of the most radiating students at Cabrillo College. His light is great, for he is a witness of Christ. I will have him tell the story of how he chose to be a Mormon, or a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; then, I will write of key principles that I found relevant for this article in a next entry.

"I grow up in Utah and a lot of my family members are really active members in the church. They really had a big influence on me in my upbringing. I was around it my entire life. I have been around active members. My life was almost Gospel like before actually being baptised before fully having the Gospel in my life..."
"I was never pushed to be baptized. I know when I was eight years old. I went into have an interview with my bishop. I had the interview. The missionaries would come visit me weekly. My parents got a divorce that was what kind of put a hold on it; unfortunately, that was the way it was. After my parent got divorced, they went inactive; therefore, my baptism was put on hold. After that I was really down..."
"Ten years later after that interview with my bishop, I am baptized. In those ten years, I always wanted to be baptized. After moving, we had to move because my mom could not afford the house, and my dad moved out.  I was living with my mom. My mom could not afford the house because she was a stay at home mom. We had to move, and we stayed at our grandparents in Murray. I always wanted to go to church and join the church. I always told my mom 'hey mom we should go to church on Sunday.' She would be 'okay lets go.' I would try and push her, but we never went. I was not my mothers fault at all. I could have gone if I wanted to. I don’t want to blame my mom, but that was how life was..." 
"I was in Utah over winter break, moving out to Santa Cruz. It is really different here obviously. I could see a difference in the people that had the Gospel with my friends and family. I could see a difference there obviously. Just how they go about life compared to people here. Its just different because I am not able to connect on a great level with people here in Santa Cruz that don’t have the Gospel, so I thought about the church because that is all that I grew up in. That is what I am use to. That is the path that I wanted for myself. I did not want to go down that road of smoking weed, drugs. Thats very common in Santa Cruz..."
"One day I said okay, I am going to seek out the missionaries. I have been thinking about this for months before I did it. I was really thinking about baptism because that was on my mind for all those ten years. I just never did anything about it. I felt I was in the gospel, and I was living a good clean life. I was hanging out with the right people, doing the right things, having the right influences in my life, and having the influence of the Gospel. I talked with my parents about it, and got their impart on it. They were ecstatic about me, making my own decision, and actually going through with it. That is how a lot of my family are. I am grateful to know how happy they are in my decision to be baptized, so I just went on to Mormon.org, and Elder Jamaias and Wulfenstein showed up at my door..."
"I always looked forward to them coming over. Teaching me something new...It answered questions that I had. I would write down question that I had from reading scriptures throughout the week and what not, and we met on a weekly basis, but the first time we met. I told them I wanted to be baptized. There was no question. I was familiar with the church. It did not spark me as a wild decision..."
"When I was baptized, my testimony was very strong and still is. It was like. I did not know as much as I know now, so it was kind of small. In a sense it was kind of unknowledgeable yet not unknowledgeable, but small amounts of knowledge. Now I have more knowledge, so my testimony is therefore stronger than it was before..."
"I am a lot more happy now because I know my purpose in life and stuff like that. I just have answers for things; where-as-before, I was baptized I did not know the answers to those questions really. I knew the beliefs of the church and stuff, but I never really thought about it. Having the Gospel in my life has made me a lot more happier...I am grateful to have the Holy Ghost. I know the truths of the Book of Mormon. I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet. He restored the Book of Mormon and restored the Gospel. I know that Thomas S. Monson is a true prophet. I know that this church is true. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Treasure is Where Your Heart is.

Today I started noting how to focus on Heavenly things, for your treasure is where your heart is. Seek after Heavenly things because they wi...